Saturday, December 8, 2007

Waiting for Daddy

Gabby loves it when her daddy comes home from work. Invariably, he has to make a pit stop as soon as he comes in. Last Wednesday, Nov 28th (I think, anyway) Gabby was especially excited to see him when he came home. As he was in the bathroom, Gabby came out to the kitchen where I was fixing dinner and asked me to come open the door for her. I told her that she would just have to wait. So she took off down the hall again. I didn't hear her for a minute, so I snuck down the hall to see what she was doing. I almost laughed out loud when I saw her here on the floor, just waiting for Daddy to finish. "What's taking so long!!", I could almost hear her saying. I crept in quietly to get this shot, what cute anticipation! This must be documented! Once she heard the camera go off she was distracted enough to get off the floor. She even took a picture with the camera all by herself. Am I stupid for showing her which button to push? Yes, probably. But what an accomplishment for a 2-year-old. Do I dare to post the picture, since it is of me looking crappy? Well, I guess so, since everyone should see Gabby's first attempt at photography. Maybe she'll be famous some day and everyone will want to pay money to see it! Ha!



Boy, what a looker! I must be crazy.

1 comment:

holly said...

That is so adorable! I just love the little pink pants. She looks so tall laying on the floor. I wish we were still there visiting!