Thursday, March 6, 2008

Trying to stay afloat

Wow, things are getting crazy. Only 3 1/2 more weeks to the due date! I have so much to get done, and I am not working on any of it. I will be doing a Modbe party at my friend's house next Thursday, so I am trying to get everything organized. It takes so much longer when you are not doing it consistently. Tagged all the clothes, ordered the new swim samples, getting the paperwork updated. It makes things harder when you have a curious 2 year old who wants to get on the computer every time you sit down to work on something. Favorite websites? sesameworkshop.org, disney.go.com/characters (especially loves the Princesses and Mickey Mouse and his friends), and pbskids.org. It's hard to sit through it all, especially when I have a million things to do. But she loves it so much that it's hard to say no too. Especially when she asks in her cute voice, "Mommy, I want Mickey computer" or "I want Sleeping Beauty computer" (This one sounds like "see-bee-dee" when she says it).

Jay is getting ready for his licensing test, so I hardly see him. He comes home and studies for most of the night, except for dinner and a little time to see Gabby. He takes the test in 3 weeks, so hopefully he does well. I am praying so!

Then there's all the baby stuff to get ready, clothes to get out and washed, toys, carseat, etc. and see what I need to buy. My friend here in Tehachapi offered to throw me a baby shower. Is this kosher for a second pregnancy? I feel kind of weird saying yes. It would be fun just to have a party, but I don't know. Any suggestions/ideas on what is proper protocol on this?

3 comments:

holly said...

Who cares about protcol. I say, if people want to give you a party, and give you free stuff, might as well do it.

If you feel really guilty about it, I know one girl that had a diaper shower for her second pregnancy. People just bought diapers, but it was a chance to get together with friends.

Good luck with getting all the stuff you need to done. I wish I lived by you so I could help out or watch your cute daughter so you could work! We love you guys and miss you.

And tell Jay good luck. We're praying he'll do well.

Mel said...

If someone is offering, TAKE IT!!! Chelsea Yadao through one for me in Hawaii when I had Carly. It was so nice to have some new things for her to wear that weren't "hand-me-downs" of Abi. Besides that, with Abi, I wish I did have one. We had nothing for a girl and had to buy everything for her.

Unknown said...

Every baby needs to be celebrated - any baby will need diapers and it's a girl right, so people should know you do already have some stuff.

Abigail like the "barbie" web sight, but just he Mariposa one where you dress up the butterfly princesses.

I like the idea of doing a shower/dinner out after the baby is born but I figure I can do that with close girlfriends anyway because I know how I'll be being "stuck" at home for 6 weeks without having to get out, I'll sit around in some old nigh gown and nurse all day! Not the most fun, but something to look forward too that evening or lunch time with friends is going to be nice too.

I'm out of it, what's Jay getting a license for?