Monday, February 18, 2008

Mommy's Big Helper


I just had to put this picture on the blog too, nothing really special about it except that it's just so cute of my little sweetie pie and it captures her cuteness so well. She has blossomed so much in her personality over the last 6 months. It is amazing how much you can see her personality come out now that she is talking better. The more she can say the cuter she is, I guess because what she says is cute/funny and she is still learning to put sentences together so sometimes it comes out funny. One game that she loves to do right now is to ask me "Where's Mommy?" or "Where's Daddy?" when we are sitting right there. Then I'll say "I don't know. Where's Mommy/Daddy?" And then she'll point to whoever she is talking about and say "Right there!" So cute. She identifies both of us and herself, and she can point to where "Baby Sister" is, although I'm not sure if she understands what that means. We are trying to prepare her for having a baby in our house. She will love it, I'm sure, as she loves babies and is very good at giving hugs and kisses. "Baby Sister" will not be at a loss when it comes to getting loves from her Big Sister. Speaking of "Baby Sister", anyone have any name suggestions? See our baby name poll for more.....

So this picture...I was folding laundry one day and Gabby was "helping" me (which means taking all the clothes out of the clothes basket and throwing them all over the floor, then hiding in them and yelling "Mommy, watch!"). She found a pair of Daddy's socks and she wanted to put them on. It was so funny, I was laughing at how cute she looked and was being so I had to take a picture. I have to admit, being a blogger has made me more picture-conscious. I am more often than not looking for opportunities to take pictures to post. It makes the blog more fun. But I should just write on it more too.

1 comment:

holly said...

Are you joking? She is so adorable. You guys need to move here so we can play! Especially that a Little G is about to join your family. Can you believe the next time we'll see each other we'll both have new kids? What! What is this world coming to. You guys are cute. We love you and miss you so much.