Friday, October 10, 2008

Gabby's Birthday Party

My baby girl is growing up! She will be 3 on Sunday. I can't believe how fast the time flies. Turning three, and I'm happy to report that she is now potty trained! Yeah! It only took about 2 1/2 days for her to get the hang of it. She is doing great. But this blog is not about that. On Wednesday, October 8th, we had a small party to celebrate her birthday. Since we are leaving on Saturday to go to Connecticut for a week to visit Uncle Phil, we decided to do the party before her birthday. Gabby wanted a princess party. It wasn't super princessy, but we did have a princess cake and we made prince and princess crowns. That was the extent of the theme. I had all these great ideas about how to make it fun, but I didn't start planning enough in advance, and my ideas didn't happen. Also, most of my ideas were a little to old for a 3 year old party. I have a 3 year old, you would think that I would know what is on their interest level. Anyway, we just made the princess crowns, played a few games outside, blew bubbles, drew with sidewalk chalk, ate cake and ice cream, and opened presents. Here are a few pics from the blessed event:

The crown and wand Gabby is holding came on her cake. Of course she had to put them on as soon as she saw them. This makes princess crown #3 for Gabby. Princesses can never have too many crowns.


Gabby's friends Lauren and Cole were so excited about the present they gave her that they decided to help her unwrap it. Here is Cole pulling it out of the bag to show Gabby. It's a puppy dog in a bag. Gabby loves it.


Happy Birthday Gabby! Daddy and I love you so much. You are such a joy to us and make us laugh every day. We are so happy at all your accomplishments and know that you will be successful at whatever you do. Thank you for being such a good and loving daughter. May that never change. I'm so grateful to know that I can be with you forever. I love you!

5 comments:

Wendi and Eric said...

I found myself getting a little teary eyed at the end. I was excited to find your blog. It's so fun to see you and your family again. Your girls are beautiful. You are a lucky mama.

Mel said...

Okay! 2 1/2 days to potty train...you must share your secrets!!!!!!!

Confessions of a 30-Something Drama Queen said...

Oh I love this Gabby Girl! I'm sad I will miss your birthday. We'll just have to make up for it at Christmas. Gabby you are adorable and are going to be a heartbreaker when you're older. I love your face! Kelly...Jay... thanks for making me such beautiful nieces. Have fun in CT!!

The Potter Pack said...

Hey ... I can't believe they are 3!! I remember being in labor the same time as you ... and she made her debut just hrs before Dylan. It is crazy - 3 yr olds !! Congrats.

Miranda said...

Happy Birthday Gabby!