Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Gingerbread House mania

Better late than never, huh? When we were in Utah for Christmas, my mom bought a gingerbread house kit for us to do with Gabby while we were staying at her house. But there was so much going on that we never did it. So she told us to take it home. We finally got around to putting it together on Friday (Jan 16th).

I did the icing and Jay and Gabby put on the candy and helped put the house and tree together. We had a good time. By the end Gabby was more interested in eating the candy than putting it on the house. Of course. :) It turned out cute, but I think we should have made the time to do it with my mom. She is a lot better at things like this and has a more steady hand and a craftier eye than I do, I'm sure it would have turned out looking professional with her help. Oh well. Maybe next year we can make sure to have time for it, now that we know how much fun it can be.

Front View

Back View

The creators, and our cheerleader Sasha! :O)

5 comments:

Diane Bohn said...

Looks Yummy!!! :D I think I would have eaten it all too. And I like the icing. Looks like snow. :)

Jes said...

Your girls are so cute! And getting so big.

I notice I'm not in your blog roll. I'm a little saddened by this.

Janee said...

Always more fun eating the candy. Those kits look pretty impressive. Maybe I'll have to skip the graham cracker houses next year and splurge on a kit.

holly said...

I think it looks great. BTW, they're not supposed to look crafty. This one is perfect.

And I'm jealous that Gabby is in short pants. Has the weather been wonderful for you? I think I should come visit. :)

Confessions of a 30-Something Drama Queen said...

First of all, Gingerbread houses are so fun!! Yay! And I agree with Holly...these don't have to be pro or crafty. Gabby and Sasha are so cute. I miss you guys!!

BTW...do you know how I can view Holly's blog? Or has she just not posted anything since she went private?