Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Idol's Back, Baby!

So I guess I have to admit now that I am an American Idol watcher. Slightly embarrassing since my husband thinks it is totally stupid/staged. Yeah, the tryout footage probably is staged and it is a bit silly, but I suppose it's the silly in me that drags me to the T.V. I don't usually watch the tryout parts, but I heard there were tryouts in Salt Lake this time, so I have to watch. Oh well. We'll see how it turns out.

And BTW, David Cook's CD is great. If there is anyone out there wondering if it is worth the listen, don't. Just know that it is. My personal fav is "Bar-ba-sol", but there are many more to pleasure the ears. I wish I knew how to link it up to this message. I guess I'll just have to install one of those music list things on the blog. Anyway, hope this year can produce as well as last year did.

Also, does anyone have a copy of his (David Cook) rendition of Billy Jean that he sang on Idol last season? I have heard so much good, but I missed it. Would love to take a listen if anyone can share or point me in the right direction. XO

4 comments:

Mel said...

I got my copy off of iTunes of that song.

Please call me next time you are in town and we will make a better effort to get together.

Diane Bohn said...

Here's a link to the video of the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_aiawC-9aM Wonderful You Tube has everything! :) And hey, he Really is GOOD! I'm impressed! Thanks for the tip! ;) P.S. it's always good to have some silly thing that we do! Other wise we would all be so rigged and boring. :D Hope life is good!

Janee said...

I'm an Idol fan too. Last season was the first one I watched all the way through. The try-outs crack me up. So many weirdos.

I've seen the David Cook "Billy Jean" song on someone's playlist. I'm sure you can listen to it at playlist.com.

holly said...

Thanks so much Diane for the link. I've been telling Kelly so much about that song, and I'm sure she won't be dissapointed... even with all the hype. So dang good! Kells, you should also watch the Studio Version of that song on YouTube. It has him singing the entire song.

I love AI!