Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Harry Potter Fettish

Ok, well it's not really a fettish, but I have been obsessed with the Harry Potter series lately. Believe it or not, I have had the last 2 books of the series for quite some time (bought both books when they first came out), and I had not read either one. I think I got disillusioned after reading the 5th book the first time around. The 4th book is such a page turner and I got bogged down in some parts of the 5th book. Anyway, I waited so long that I thought I would need to read the 5th book again to make any sense of the 6th and 7th. Then the movie (for the 5th book) came out and I saw that. I guess I could have just gone off the movie, but...

After I had Sasha I was doing a lot of sitting around with a tiny mouth suction-cuped to me and I had some time on my hands. So I decided to re-read the 5th book and finally get to the 6th and 7th, find out what happens in this great saga. Well, I really liked the 5th book the second time around (I think the movie helped some). But I have to say, I have been CRAZY to wait so long to find out the end...I could not put the books down!!! Every spare minute I was reading. I think I read the 6th one in about 3 days, and it took me that long only because my kids were distracting me all the time. (If you can believe that!) :) I was nervous to pick up the 7th because I knew it would be the same way (become a bad mommy for a few days) and I waited about a month or so before I started reading. But then it was just calling to me from my bookshelf and I had to take it down.

I finished it last night. Triumph! Ha ha :) No, I really liked the books, loved how the 7th one is so packed with info, and I have to say that I really like what we learn about Severus Snape. (I'm guessing that I could just say so here, but surely there are other Potter fans out there who have not read the end of the saga....I would hate to spoil it for them.) Anyway, I have just been thinking about Harry all day today and all the crazy things that he went through during that 7th year, so many ups and downs. How in the world will they make the 7th book into a movie and not make it an R rating? I thought there were some fairly scary parts there. Dementors, grave yards, snakes, Lord Voldemort (well, he's just plain scary). It will definately have to be PG-13. I guess I can now say that I truely am a Harry Potter fan, since I have read all the books.

On a completely different note, I am feeling a bit frustrated about my lack of courage when it comes to selling Modbe. For those of you who don't know, I am a fashion consultant for a clothing company called Modbe who sells shirts, skirts, pants, dresses, outerwear, swimwear, and kid clothes (girl's stuff) through their website and their fashion consultants. I have my own website, which was just updated, and it's pretty great. I really like it, especially compared to the last one which was hard to use. I just wish I was a better salesperson. That is something that is not in my nature and I feel so pushy when I am trying to sell it. But I need to get pushy, or else I won't be able to afford to sell it much longer. Boo-hoo, that would be a sad day.


Right now there is a great sale going on online at www.modbeclothing.com/kellybaird, where several items are on sale starting at 25% off up to 75 % off, including the current line of swimwear. It's pretty awesome, actually. I got a shirt for $5, a Motley Crew in Baja Blue. Yeah! I was so excited that they had my size, because the Motley Crew is one of my favorite shirts that Modbe has ever put out and I missed out on getting a blue one last fall (I have a white and a pink and I wish that I had bought all the colors). It's the softest, most comfortable shirt I have ever worn. Anyway, I am thinking about how much I love this company and how much I believe in their product and yet I am not getting that love back from my customer base. All the feedback I ever get is complaints. I am trying to not take it personally because I know that the complaints are about things that are mostly out of my control, but it is hard to hear nonetheless. Why can't everyone see how great it is like I do? Too bad for them, I guess. I'll just have to try and push forward and not worry about those who I leave behind.

2 comments:

Confessions of a 30-Something Drama Queen said...

Kells,
I totally want that blue shirt. It does look so soft. Sadly I'm really poor and have no shopping allowance but I know you can do this, especially if it is something you believe so much in. So you should be pushy (take a lesson from me). People will respond and there are ways to go about it without being "pushy". Also, don't worry so much about what other people think. You really aren't being pushy when you think you are.
Love you! Thanks for being my sister. :)

The Potter Pack said...

Hey Kelly ... it has been awhile - anyway, I love your new look ... suits you perfectly! So, you have a Harry Potter crush ... have you read the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer ??!! Oh my goodness, I am in love with these books !! The movie is coming out in Nov08 and the main guy character - Edward - actually was Cedrick in Harry Potter movie - anyway, read them if you haven't !!